1. Theme and Goal of the Competition
The European Labour Authority (ELA) as well as European Commission (DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion), invite you to participate in the #EU4FairWork Competition. The goal of the Competition is for employers and companies within the European Union (EU) and members of other European Economic Area (EEA) countries to share their experience with declaring work to share how important it is to their business.
By participating in the contest, entrants agree to the following rules.
2. Duration of the Competition
The Competition will be available between 08/06/2020 and 04/09/2020 (midnight CET).
3. Eligibility for participating in the Competition
The Competition is running on LinkedIn and via its own microsite on Wishpond.com.
The Competition is only open to legal residents of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, Switzerland and who are minimum 18 years old.
Minors are ineligible to participate in the Competition.
4. Entering the Competition
The Competition is accessible on the ELA LinkedIn page. Participants need to submit either a photo or video up to 90 seconds along with a short description. Entries that do not comply with these requirements will not be considered eligible.
Your entry should consist of your creative entry and a short description of the importance to declaring work for your business. To enter the #EU4FairWork Competition you must:
The only rule is that your story must include a reference to how declaring your work has helped you and/or what that means to you. Entries that are not relevant to the topic, or that will be shared on a channel other than Wishpond.com will not be taken into consideration.
Up to 3 submissions per person are allowed.
All entries will be moderated. The ELA and the European Commission reserves the right to accept or reject entries based on content. Grounds for rejection include but are not limited to profane language, lewd or inappropriate images or videos, content that is discriminatory or inflammatory to groups or individuals, content that discloses unnecessary personal information.
5. Choosing the winners and prizes
The European Commission and ELA subcontractors will validate the entries for shortlisting. Three winners will be selected by a jury panel consisting of European Commission and ELA members. The winners will be chosen by taking into consideration the quality of the application, the creativity and adherences to the terms and conditions. The three lucky winners will be announced on the week commencing 7th September 2020.
The three official winners of the #EU4FairWork Competition will have the chance to win and choose between four prizes:
1. Bespoke Corporate Video*
3. €500 towards a team party
4. €500 worth of promotional items featuring your company logo
*Corporate video up to the value of €500. Excludes character animation and filming costs (travel actors etc.) cannot exceed €500.
To be able to do so, participants will have to enter their real name and email address when submitting their answers. If a winner hasn't provided the contact data, the next in the list will be awarded with the prize.
Winners cannot choose to have the value of their chosen prize as a direct cash transfer.
The organiser’s decision regarding the selection of the winners is final and irrevocable.
All entries must be original work and the participant must either be the sole owner or the transferee of the copyright.
By entering the Competition, participants retain full copyright of their images. However, participants also agree to be bound by LinkedIn’s legal terms (https://www.linkedin.com/legal/user-agreement). Participants also grant the ELA and the European Commission the right to publish and exhibit uploaded videos and photographs. No fee will be payable by the ELA and the European Commission for this use.
Participants must obtain written consent from any individuals aged 18 or above who are identifiable in a video or photograph. Participants taking a video or photograph of anyone under 18 must ensure that they obtain the written consent of that child’s parent/guardian. It is the participants’ responsibility to ensure that the necessary consent has been obtained. Participants must retain all release forms obtained as they may be asked to prove that consent has been given.
Participants should retain the original digital file/negative of their entry as they may be asked to prove ownership of the work, as well as providing the Promoter with the photo or video in the highest possible resolution.
Please compete fairly and respect your fellow participants. Any participant reasonably suspected of cheating, including but not limited to the unfair acquisition of votes, will be disqualified from the Competition and their entries removed.
No correspondence will be entered into on this matter.
Under no circumstances can the organisers be held liable for any accident, costs, direct or indirect damage which might occur as a result of participation in this contest. Similarly, the organisers cannot be held responsible for any theft, loss, delay or damage or any other incident that may occur during the travel (for the winners), for example, theft, injury, etc. The organisers can under no circumstances be held liable for the cancellation, postponement or modification of the Competition due to unforeseen circumstances. In addition, the dates mentioned in the Competition rules may vary due to organisational reasons or unforeseen circumstances.
9. Acceptance of game rules
By playing the Competition, participants agree to be bound by the rules of the game (detailed in this document) and by LinkedIn’s legal terms (https://www.linkedin.com/legal/user-agreement ).
Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification. This campaign and the present rules are governed by Belgian law and under the jurisdiction of the Brussels’s Courts, as the legal headquarters of the European Commission are in Brussels, Belgium.
By entering this Competition, you declare that:
Terms & Conditions
1. This Competition is organised by Ecorys Europe EEIG (Promoter) on behalf of the European Commission, Directorate General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, B-1049 Brussels, Belgium.
2. No purchase is necessary to participate in the Competition.
3. No correspondence and any other direct contacts between the Promoter and the player will be made regarding this Competition but with the winners about their selection and the prizes.
4. Employees and family members of employees of the European Commission and of the Promoter are excluded from participation. Participants must be natural persons: legal entities are excluded from participation.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that were sent but not received, for whatever reason. This includes but is not limited to lack of access to entries due to participants’ privacy settings on their chosen online platforms.
6. The Promoter retains the right to disqualify any participant suspected of cheating in any form and remove their results from the database of players. No correspondence will be entered into on this matter.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that a participant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
8. The winner will be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all terms and conditions and sign a separate release form as provided by the Promoter.
9. A participant is responsible for any costs, taxes, duties or levies incurred as a result of participating in or winning the game. In addition, the participant hereby agrees and accepts that by being awarded with a prize in the game, the participant may incur taxes, duties or other levies including but not limited to any prize tax etc. under any applicable laws and regulations. The participant hereby unconditionally accepts to bear any such tax, duty or other levy on behalf of participant or an accompanying guest.
10. The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged. No cash or credit alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide the stated prize(s), the Promoter reserves the right to award as substitute a prize of equal value. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier of the relevant service included in the prize.
11. Participants and winners agree that they may be required to take part in publicity or other promotional activities without further consent or payment as later determined by Promoter. Such publicity may include their names, images and/or likenesses as well as any contributions in the online Competition. The participant hereby grants the Promoter any and all rights necessary for distribution and public display of any submitted text, image, or other intellectual property rights that may arise from participation in this Competition, the prizes or related publicity, and hereby grants the Promoter the perpetual right to exclusively, royalty-free and without limitation use, edit, copy, reproduce, distribute, translate, and publicly display or publish any such intellectual property rights, for whatever purpose, in any form or medium, either on this website or elsewhere, for promotional activities or events arranged by Promoter, whether locally or world-wide.
12. Any personal information, including, without limitation, the participant’s name, address (including postcode) and/or email address will be used solely in connection with the organisation of the game and will not be disclosed to any third party. The European Commission Legal Notice displayed at http://ec.europa.eu/geninfo/legal_notices_en.htm under “Legal Notice” applies to any processing of data performed in connection herewith.
13. By accessing the LinkedIn application, the participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions, which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter.
14. The Promoter will not be responsible for any failed connection by the participant’s attempt to access the LinkedIn application for whatever reason.
15. The Promoter will under no circumstance whatsoever irrespective of the cause therefore, be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury to the winner nor to property or else caused or suffered in connection with this Competition or any prize(s) awarded in connection herewith.
16. The Promoter will under no circumstance whatsoever be liable for any delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions, unavailability of the prize(s) due to local public holidays or other conditions affecting availability or enjoyment of the prize(s). The Promoter shall not be liable in respect of any non-performance of its obligations by reason of any act of God, civil war or strife, hostilities, act of foreign enemy, invasion, war, satellite failure, legal enactment, governmental order or regulation or any other cause beyond its control.
17. The LinkedIn application may contain links to websites (other than the ELA website), resources and advertisers. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the availability of these external sites nor does Promoter endorse or agree to be responsible for the contents, advertising, products or other materials made available on or through such external sites. Under no circumstances shall the Promoter be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused to a user in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on such external site. Participants should direct any concerns directly to such external site’s administrator or webmaster.
18. The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time without any liability whatsoever, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently this Competition game with or without prior notice to Participants.
19. In case of conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the General Rules of the Challenge, these Terms and Conditions shall take precedence.